Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I Have 4 Cameras Side By 2 Are Showing In Black & White, 2 Are In Color

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JH24
Follower
Follower

I have the 4 cameras side by side on kitchen table. 2 are showing in black and white, 2 are in color. Want them all in color. What’s wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Check it see if the black and white cameras are set to night vision. I am guessing the cameras did not detect enough light where they are and went into night vision.
How do I turn my camera's night vision on and off in my Arlo app? 

BTW if this is a new install also make sure the Base Station and Cameras firmware are up to date.
Firmware-Release-Notes
The Base Station should be on FW: 1.10.0.9_23037
The Pro 2 cameras should be on FW: 1.125.11.1_25366
The Pro cameras should be on FW: 1.092.0.17_25364
You can check to see what firmware version you are on under the Settings\My Devices and then tap on a device next tap on Device Info.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Night Vision setting is just to enable or disable the IR illuminators. The cameras will work the same regardless of the setting.  As stated above, the cameras switch between color and B&W based on the light level. If they're all pointed at exactly the same point and you still see this, it's just the different hardware detecting the light level at a different threshold. Increase the lighting and they should all be in color.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Does the night vision setting also control the IR cut filter or is that automatic regardless of the setting?

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

IR cut filter is automatic

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation