Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I buy a camera from US and have it work with my base station from UK?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fatima_78
Follower
Follower

Hi .. I wanna ask about arlo cameras, I have got one from “Amazon UK” since I live in the Middle East and I know electronics from US doesn’t work in the Middle East .. so I got Arlo Pro 2 cameras with 3 cameras and I wanna add more now , and I was thinking since it is a wireless camera can I order the cameras from “Amazon US” ??as it’s much cheaper than it is in “Amazon UK” .. is it going to work? Cameras from US with base station from UK?

And just to clear all rumors in the internet, are all arlo products duel voltage? Like does it work on 110-120v and 220-240?

If I can buy cameras from US and work it on base station from UK .. can I charge both cameras battery in the same arlo charging station ether from US or UK? Where should I buy the charging station from? Can I buy it from US since it’s cheaper?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know where you got "electronics from US doesn’t work in the Middle East" but other than voltages and exact wall plug configuration they will work fine. I can't be sure that the adapters are dual voltage but I tend to believe they are from other posts, even if the adapters aren't marked as such. Theoretically, all you should need would be plug adapters so you can plug things in.

I'll leave it to someone else with actual experience with this sort of thing to speak definitively. As for hardware from different countries is concerned, the only difference is the power adapters.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation