Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 2 (1 OF 3) WORKS IN LIVE MODE ONLY. CVR PROVIDES A BLANK TIMELINE. NO RECORDING AT ALL.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have three Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  Only two are recording with a CVR timeline (THAT I PAY EXTRA FOR!) The third camera, watching my driveway, works only in LIVE mode and won't respond to motion, sound, etc.  It is setup to record when someone sets off the front door camera.  It will not.  If you go to the timeline which shows all the hours of the day lined up, but no recordings, you cannot get the calendar icon to let you go back to yesterday, or before that.  Won't go.  Other cameras, which I previously had trouble with, seem to work fine.  I wish I had never bought in to this troublesome camera system.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @carsoncat

Have you tried to reboot your base station and test again?

You can also try and reboot the camera by opening & closing the battery door.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have done everything you suggested and then I decided to bring the camera in to the base and reinitialize it and change it out with a camera in a different location.

The problem is apparently the camera as it is operating as previously mentioned.  Gives LIVE  mode only and refuses to record or go back in time on the timeline.

This camera is less than 1 year old and was purchased online from Best Buy.  What is the best way to have it replaced under warranty?  Contact Netgear or Best Buy?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@carsoncat

I don't know what the specific return/exchange policy is with Bestbuy, but you have a one year warranty with Arlo. You can contact support at the following link - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation