Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can Arlo Pro both record video and trigger siren when motion's detected?

I know can do one the other, but can it do both together?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Check/edit your modes and rules.

dmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, man. Thanks for the reply.

I have different menus on arlo when using my iphone and laptop, but please tell me which to use to edit the rules and how to do it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are FAQs here on how to create and modify modes, rules as well as many other items.

Basically, use the Mode tab, click on your base and check out the modes there, Armed by default. Create your own custom modes for full control. Be sure to save at every oportunity.

dmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done all of that, and I can choose either record video when motion's detected, or sound siren when motion's detected.  I can't have both.  If I click record video it turns off the siren, and vise versa.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try Add Device while editing your mode?You can have additional actions per event using this option.

dmike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been all through there, and did everything to add the siren.  I've tried to add to the base, and I've also gone through the produre with each cam, it even ask me how long a duration and how loud I want the siren,  then when I go back to "mode", I can either choose siren when motion's detected or video when motion's detected, I can't have both.  If I click one, it disables the other.

I also tried calling Arlo support, they were no help. The first CS agent told me I can't have both, the second CS agent was in India or somewhere and was absolutely no help at all.

I'm sending it back to Amazon, and will get a different system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this on a browser and it worked fine - both motion detection and the alarm. What are you using - app or browser? Have you tried both? If the browser works, what phone and OS are you using?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation