Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nilsena
Tutor
Tutor

I schedule some of my cameras to be offline during the day but within the last week the cameras that are disarmed are picking sound and reporting an alert.

I have tried everything to get this to stop, i am sure it's an issue with a recent firmware upgrade,  any ideas or suggestions. 

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nilsena wrote:

i am sure it's an issue with a recent firmware upgrade,  

Agreed.  Arlo is investigating.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nilsena wrote:

i am sure it's an issue with a recent firmware upgrade,  

Agreed.  Arlo is investigating.

nilsena
Tutor
Tutor

Still an issue. 

sunstar777
Tutor
Tutor

I have this issue too. The false triggering is incessant and a true annoyance. For the last 3 to 4 weeks I have been getting around 200 false triggers per day! This makes it pretty much unusable for me.

What's going on Arlo? The issue started when the app updated to the version prior to 4.5_28538.

I have a VMB4000r3 base station and 7 x VMC4030P cameras. Cameras which are not set to detect motion or sound are the ones which produce the triggers.

sunstar777
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB  - What do you mean by Arlo is investigating? They've confirmed it's a bug - right?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sunstar777 wrote:

@StephenB  - What do you mean by Arlo is investigating? They've confirmed it's a bug - right?

That's what I was told.

sunstar777
Tutor
Tutor

Noticed that the app has been updated again. It's now on version 4.5.1_28540. Still the same issue though.

I pay over £100 a year to Arlo and will receive over 80,000 false triggers in that period from cameras which aren't even enabled!

sunstar777
Tutor
Tutor

By way of an update, after troubleshooting this further, it appears that there has been a change to the smoke/CO smart alerts which has introduced the bug. These are now triggered when sudden loud noises are detected (e.g. a single hand clap). Frustratingly, the notification in this case is that a person has been detected - and not that it is a smoke/CO alarm detection. That makes troubleshooting a challenge.

Anyway, it looks like anyone experiencing this issue should disable smoke/CO alerts on all cameras until the bug is resolved.

nilsena
Tutor
Tutor

I have found that you also need to disable all other sounds in the same area. 

Any update from Arlo on an update?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation