Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AnnikaOhm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone experienced their cameras suddenly stop working and stop recording video when a new software update becomes available? My cameras appear to have halted working normally until I implemented the update. The problem was, I was away on holiday during the new update. So I lost 10 days of my house being monitored by the cameras.

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@AnnikaOhm wrote:
Has anyone experienced their cameras suddenly stop working and stop recording video when a new software update becomes available?

Not normally. But it sometimes helps to restart the hub.

Have you tried a remote restart  when this happens?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

@AnnikaOhm,

sometimes when new firmware is being pushed out, for whatever reason, the firmware gets corrupted. Usually a power recycle will resolve. Sometimes the Restart button in the app solves the problem, but it does not work as well as removing power from the base then powering it back up. There are Wifi Smart Outlets that you can plug into a wall outlet and then plug the base into it that will allow you to turn the Power on/Off to the base using their apps. You might want to consider using one of them, but, of course, if the internet and/or power also went out at the same time, you will have to wait until they are restored to be able to use the Smart Outlet.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation