Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras showing odd streaks (Pro2)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scrapitmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Three of my 4 Pro2 cameras starting showing odd streaks. It almost looks like a swarm of bugs but when I took a visual look there is nothing there. Temperature went down to 39 tonight. Could that be a problem? I tried resetting the base and turned the cameras off/on.  The attached video is at night.

Firmware 1.12.2.5_240_59657e5, Base VMB3010r2

Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
scrapitmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera firmware 1.125.13.0_31717

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scrapitmom wrote:

Three of my 4 Pro2 cameras starting showing odd streaks. It almost looks like a swarm of bugs but when I took a visual look there is nothing there.  The attached video is at night.

FWIW, there is no video attached to your post.

But this is actually normal.  The infrared NightVision mode will pick up particles in the air that you can't see, because the particles are a bit warmer than the air.  Also, the temp of the air itself isn't constant - so wind can also trigger the sensors.  There are quite a few posts on this in the forum.

scrapitmom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmm, not sure why the video didn't go through. I'll try again. BTW, the problem was gone in the morning when it warmed up a bit so I'm guessing this is weather related. The white lines were like a blizzard.

Seems like when I use the 'attach' icon at the bottom it doesn't keep my video. Any suggestions on how to include one? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scrapitmom wrote:

Seems like when I use the 'attach' icon at the bottom it doesn't keep my video. Any suggestions on how to include one? 

You can just put a download link in your post.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation