Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide

My cams will run great, then they don’t run. They’ll record for 2 minutes, then only for seconds or a minute. My home isn’t large, no odd blockages. I’ve done EVERYTHING possible to cure this. So far my system is unreliable. I’m leaning on the base station as the problem. Can Arlo give a fix please? I’ve seen many others who share the same issues as I.

9 REPLIES 9
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Strange enough the three cameras that do this the most are the closest cameras to the hub.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ScottMc1,

Make sure that you don't have any interference going on between your Arlo Base Station and your cameras (such as router or modem).

You can also try optimizing motion detection or testing the motion detection test to make sure everything works properly:

ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
My base station is close to my router/modem. How far should it be placed? More than 3 feet? 13 feet? I’d appreciate your help on this. Cheers!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure you place your cameras at least 10 feet or 3 meters from the Base Station. You can refer to this article to learn how to prevent any interference going between your devices: How do I position my Arlo Pro 2 camera?

ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
They’re definitely not the issue. I asked about the base station and the router/modem. Mine are close together. How far apart do you recommend that they be placed?
Thanks.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScottMc1 wrote:

My cams will run great, then they don’t run. They’ll record for 2 minutes, then only for seconds or a minute.

If your cameras are set to record until motion stops, then try setting them to record for a fixed time, and see if that works.

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
I’ve done everything possible. It comes to the conclusion that the software/firmware are in dire need of a patch or update/upgrade. The system is in complete kaos. I wish the Arlo Team would stop saying just to reboot the system. That’s poor support. Arlo NEEDS TO ISSUE A SYSTEM FIX ASAP! I hope they do. I’ve spent a bundle on it, 9 cameras!
ScottMc1
Guide
Guide
Done that too. Arlo needs to RELEASE A SYSTEM FIX ASAP!
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation