Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras not working because they are too hot

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mrmaz25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in Arizona and it's 112 today ( it is for the next 3 months) and my cameras are letting me know they need to cool down before I can access them. Is this too hot of an environment for the Arlo cams? I'm a little pissed because I paid so much for these and they may only work 8-9 months out of the year! I have 5 cameras and not happy with this. Is there anything I can do to make these cams work where I want them, which is outside?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

112F is a bit low (the spec is for 120F) but if exposed to direct sun that could easily overheat the camera.  Guess you didn't check the operating specs before purchasing. If possible, shade the cameras from direct sunlight - you may be able to fashion a sunshade from plastic or metal or reposition the cameras under an eave.

mrmaz25
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras aren't exposed to the direct sunlight shaded under the roofline on that side of my house. One cam is in my garage which can get as hot or a bit hotter than outside. I guess Arizonans can't have security cameras because of the heat? Doesn't make sense

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation