Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tyblake
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just recieved the 4 arlo pro 2 cameras with the smart hub basestation. the basestation hooks up right away but i can not sync the cameras. the light on the basestation and on the camera both blink like they connected but dont show in the app or online. i have spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support and nothing seems to work. i am thinking its a faulty base station. they said if your upload speed is less than 1.5mbps the cameras wont hook to the basestation which makes no since to me. even when my upload speed is above it still wont connect. i am very upset with how this is going as these cameras are not cheap and even tech support has no idea what is going on. i was hoping someone else had this same problem and had a solution on what fixed it. they just keep telling me i have to upgrade my internet but i live in rural manitoba and i have the best i can get

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tyblake

Just to verify, this is a new system you are setting up?

tyblake
Aspirant
Aspirant
@ShayneS

Yes it is brand new
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you follow the installation steps on the Arlo App or web browser? Can you see the base station listed in the App?

tyblake
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes tried it on both basestation hooks up no problem but the cameras will not show up they act as the sync but they dont.
tyblake
Aspirant
Aspirant
As i said i have spent a total of 2 hours on the phone with arlo and they are just blaming the internet which is 2mbps upload which is enough. Sounds like they will replace the base station but i wanted to exhaust all my options first
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tyblake

The upload/download speed will not not affect the syncing process from camera to the base, don't worry about that. Let me know how the new base station goes, I will be here if you need any help.

tyblake
Aspirant
Aspirant
So i finally got a hold of someone at arlo that knew what they were talking about and she said they are syncing right but my internet channel is to busy for them to show so i am gonna change it when i get home from work and i will let you know if it works
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation