Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

I have 3 Cameras.  One is triggering an alert on detection of motion, but does not appear to be recording or saving a video to the library.  It is quite random though, as it is not failing every time when tested.  Sometimes it works properly.  When testing,  it appears that when the camera alerts the movement detection icon goes orange briefly for a couple of seconds but then goes back to black.  The camera is set to record for 120 seconds.  It is quite concerning as we had a prowler on the front patio last night and I am now wondering if I can trust my cameras to pick up movement on every occasion.  The other cameras seem to be working but I can’t be sure given the random nature of the problem on this camera.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Smart and zones ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

Thanks for your reply.  No, I’m not using smart and zones.  Using a schedule wIth just the two outside camera.  Tested again 3 times in a row after posting original question and it worked perfectly each time so hopefully maybe just a glitch.  Given the random nature of it not happening every time, it’s a bit difficult to know though.  Will have to keep an eye on it and make sure videos are being recorded each time,  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lissi1313 wrote:

Will have to keep an eye on it and make sure videos are being recorded each time,  

I suggest connecting a USB thumb drive to the base - that will let you cross-check the local recordings with the ones in the cloud.

Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

I actually have a USB drive connected to the base but never thought to check if the recordings were there.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I’ll have a look.

Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

Checked the USB, the missing recordings are not there.  It only has the same recordings as the cloud unfortunately.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lissi1313 wrote:

Checked the USB, the missing recordings are not there.  It only has the same recordings as the cloud unfortunately.

Ok.  That says that either the camera isn't reliably connecting to the base, or there is an issue with the camera.

I suggest swapping the camera with one in another location next - that will let you know if the issue is linked to the specific camera, or it is linked to the location.

Lissi1313
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion.  It seems to be working ok at the moment, but I will keep that in mind if it plays up again.  Thanks again!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation