Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras/Base go offline for no reason

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
1FrustratedCust
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought these cameras and they have not impressed me. They worked great for three days, but know they go offline for no reason. No changes were made to my setup. Other devices are using the internet without any problems. I have looked some of the solutions that others have posted, but none of them work. I have unplugged power, reset system and unplugged power and network cable. Very disappointed.
3 REPLIES 3
SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice
You are not alone - My Pro 2 have been working great until the latest firmware update. I also notice when my cameras are on the schedule (mode) they would not change mode. Again, this problem started after the last firmware update.
1FrustratedCust
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is so FRUSTRATING
AndyS88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly this appears to be a recurring problem to which there is no lasting fix. Google the issue and you'll find several discussion threads regarding the same problem - many tagged "Solved"... 

I've had the system for two years, the maximum time it has stayed online was probably a month or so. I performed a factory reset & resync (this is what the user guide tells you to do when everything else fails) a week ago and my base station just went offline again last night.

This is not an internet problem as all the three lights are green and wifi/internet access works fine otherwise.

It is a really frustrating bug as the resync requires you to bring all the cameras to the base station - plenty of time spent climbing on ladders. And obviously there is nothing you can do if you happen to be away from home when the problem occurs. 

It would be great to hear from Arlo if this is a known problem, and if there is any other fix apart from constantly resetting and resyncing the base station and cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation