Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras 1 and 2 work with schedule but camera 3 ignores the schedule

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure if Model info is correct. I have the VMB 4000 system

I've been having a lot of problems with the videos going to the library. After a phone session with support, I've been able to get that problem resolved. But, I have another that I haven't been able to fix. So, I'm looking for some help here so I don't have to contact support again.

I have 3 cameras, front door(1), driveway(2), and patio(3).

I have the system on a schedule - Start at 12:00 A.M., turn off at 6 A.M. then start at 9 P.M., and turn off at 12:00 P.M.

Cameras 1 and 2 are working with the schedule and placing any motion in my library.

Camera 3 ignores the schedule and detects motion 24/7. I've removed the battery for about 1 minute, reinserted it the sync'd it with the base. Still recording 24/7. How can I get camera 3 to turn on/off according to my schedule? Everything I've tried doesn't fix it.

Any help on this appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I haven't restarted the base. I will add #3 after syncing then restart.

I'm using my dekstop and  no app.

Will update this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using custom modes to schedule? It sounds like that may be true but I'm not sure. If you're using the Armed mode you might want to create a custom one and schedule that to see if that helps.

Also, try power cycling the base.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I go to Mode, then deselect Armed and go to Schedule then set-up my schedule for all 7 days..

Right now, I've removed camera 3. If you have a suggestion on how to get it to follow my schedule I will resync it with the base and try it again.

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening because earlier this month everything was working properly until cameras 1 and 2 were not saving the videos in my library but camera 3 was. So far, got the 1st two working properly but 3 is the headache. If there's any other info you need, please let me know.

Thanks for your time and interest.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you restart the base? Have you tried a custom mode? Are you using the app or a browser? The browser seems to be working better than the app.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

I haven't restarted the base. I will add #3 after syncing then restart.

I'm using my dekstop and  no app.

Will update this.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Ok. I think I have the problem solved (see atch).

I rebooted the base - didn't help. Camera wouldn't sync.

Turned the base off and back on. After it powered up I sync'd camera 3.

Installed it and came back to computer. Looked in library - nothing there.

Hopefully I'm done with this. If not, I'll be back.

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Update. Got cameras working. This morning, 05/23, checked. Nothing being detected/recorded. Rebooted the base. All cameras now recording and saved in the library.

One problem. I'm not getting the email notifications. Can you give me a "heads-up" on how to get that going again?

I really appreciate all your time and help on this.

Khone
Luminary
Luminary

Please disregard my last post re email notifications.

Searched the Community and found the answer.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation