Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera works fine on browser but one camera shows offline on Arlo app but receiving notification

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gofer2u
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have 2 Pro 2 cameras running off Arlo VMB4000 base unit. Both cameras work fine on browser. On phone app, one camera works fine but the other responds to alerts when viewed in library but shows 'offline' on live view with no access to device utilities. Base unit has been reset several times and camera synced to base and app account several times. Also Arlo app has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Still the same problem. All running latest software. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gofer2u
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2 camera giving problems has had battery removed and re-installed with no improvement. Re-sending to another base unit seems to have corrected the problem as it works fine on the App.
Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Gofer2u,

Try to remove the battery from the Arlo Pro 2 camera that is having the issue and re-insert the battery to see if that helps. And make sure you are running the latest version for the Arlo app.

Gofer2u
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP -Thanks for replying. Did try battery removal and also uninstalling and re-installing the App. Tried rebooting the base station and swapping Arlo Pro 2 camera for another. None of these worked. Changed Arlo Pro 2 camera for my Arlo Pro camera and for some reason both the existing Arlo Pro 2 and the Arlo Pro, off the same base station work fine on live view and motion record. Just can't understand why the other Arlo Pro 2 camera that's now been replaced I've replaced doesn't work on live view (on App), except when seen on browser!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using? Is this happening when you're on both on cellular data and/or WiFi? Have you also tried restarting your phone device to see if that helps?

Gofer2u
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, Jessica P - thanks for your feedback. The phone is a OnePlus5t running Android 9 pie. It's been rebooted several times as has the App all with latest firmware. I've tried with the cameras WiFi synced to the base station, then accessing the cameras on the App via WiFi and cell data and the end result is the same, ie, all cameras respond to motion but one Arlo Pro 2 camera doesn't show live view. Given the amount of trying this and trying that, I've decided to accept the status quo and if I need live view on that particular camera I'll just look on my laptop. Incidentally, I do have another Arlo Pro camera which I'll sync and see if that sees motion and live view on the App. Regards,
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Since you're experiencing the issue on just your OnePlus 5T, let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

Gofer2u
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro 2 camera giving problems has had battery removed and re-installed with no improvement. Re-sending to another base unit seems to have corrected the problem as it works fine on the App.
Thanks for your help.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation