Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

My camera stopped recording. I can view LIVE. The motion indicator might be grey. . The 2 other cameras are recording. I also just inserted a new memory stick in the home base. Would that have caused one camera to stop recording?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the ICON for motion is Gray, then it is OFF ( either "running man" or "ball with lines " )

If you use the ARMED mode, all should be Black.

You can either edit the ARMED mode and add the camera OR remove it with remove device and re install as if it is new ( this will rebuild the default mode and auto add the camera to the Armed mode )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

@TomMac It says that the camera is ARMED. All 3 are ARMED.

After posting this morning, I discovered that a second camera is not recording. 2 cameras are not showing up in my library. Are they still recording? Are they backing up to my flash drive? When looking at the live view, there is a  still shot from my driveway camera today. Does that indicate it is still recording, but not in my library? There are no library entries from my front camera either. The only library entries are from the side camera. Everything is messed up. I have made no changes other that placing  a new unused memory stick in the base esrlier this week. I assumed that they weren't recording because they are not showing in the library. I need my library as I am monitoring a situation and have been starring the necessary videos.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If settings are that Glitched up, then you may have to rebuild all the defaults....

use remove device on the cameras, then remove the base unit... reclaim the base and then resync the cameras.

This will rebuild all settings back to default. You will have to reset the sense levels from default of 80% if they were changed.

The only way to see if it was recording to the speed drive is to actually eject the drive and put into a computer to read files and see.

Morse is faster than texting!
cdemeur
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same issue.  My system is a 2-camera system which I installed about a week ago.  After a few days, one camera stopped recording.  I tested it and found it was working.  Motion-detection worked, sound, mic and live feeds all worked but it would not record.

I went through numerous posts that suggested rebooted everything, removing the battery, updating firmware, etc.  Nothing worked.  I decided to try something else.  I logged in to the web portal and removed offending camera from my system.  Then added it back in as if it were new.  After that it's been working.  Granted I got it working about 12 hours ago.  Time will tell.  

I believe this may be an issue with the lastest firmware as all the older posts seemed to be dealing with all cameras not recording.  This is a pretty recent problem.  The current firmware on my cameras is 1.125.13.0_31717 (Arlo Pro 2).

Hope this helps.

Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor
I contacted customer support today. They were very helpful and all cameras are working...at the moment. Apparently, weather, heat can be a factor. I didn't go for that, but that was one of the excuses for things going haywire. Also, they stated that firmware and software glitches cause recordings not to show up in the library. If these cameras are that erratic and undependable, I am surly concerned whether I made the right decision in purchasing them. My son and my brother both have Arlo and have had a few issues, but nothing compared to what I have been doing for the past 5 days. They were stumped, as well.
I am grateful for this community and the help I have received this week. Thank you for your responses.
Until next time.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Deb-b3

This is great news! Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be here to help.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation