Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My videos are not showing up in the library.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor
My videos are not showing up in my library. I have 3 cameras. Are they still recording? Are they being backed up? When I go to MY DEVICES, I can see still shots of the last few minutes but nothing in the library. I am monitoring activity outside my home and need my library. This happened 1 days ago without changing any settings. The only change made was inserting a new unused memory stick this week. I don't think that would affect the performance of the cameras.
13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a Live View and hit manual record.... this will verfiy the record function works and it should appear in the Library ( after a min or so )

Also verify the Filter isn't set on a different camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

I hit LIVE and went outside with both front and driveway cameras. Nothing. No notification on my phone, nothing in the library. What is a filter?

Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

Also, the battery level in the working side camera is down to 20%. The 2 that are not showing in the library are at 80% and 90%. All 3 were recharged within a day of one another. Something is definitely wrong.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deb-b3 wrote:

I hit LIVE and went outside with both front and driveway cameras. Nothing. No notification on my phone, nothing in the library. What is a filter?

... Go to live View and start Live view... THEN hit the record button ( looks like target logo ) to manually start a recording.

After about 10 secs, stop the live view/record.... go and check library after a min.

Filter is a setting in the library so you don't see ALL the videos, just from cams you want

Morse is faster than texting!
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

This is an update on what I have done since yesterday, to no avail. I realize this entry is long, but I really need help. I am so disappointed with Arlo and the software. I have had my cameras 2 months with all working well until 3 days ago.
I have 4 cameras. I have tried these things: I disconnected the base from the power to reset, I recorded manually thru LIVE VIEW, I deleted a camera and then added it.

Cameras
* Front-I did use View to manually check to see if the camera was recording as suggested. It did record me and did show up in my library. However, it doesn't seem to work on it's own. Only manually. I still have no notifications and nothing in the library. 
* Side- Has been working all along. it records, I get notifications, library and shows up as armed in settings. No Problems.
* Drive 3-I deleted and added as recommended. I did this twice on this camera. This one will now record, notify, and shows in the library...BUT the lenses is pointing a different direction than the camera. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is true. I will try to include photos. In Live view it shows above and high left of the direction the camera is facing and is extremely enlarged. When walking in front of it, it triggers and records butonly sees the top of my head as it is recording the ceiling. Have you ever seen that???
* Drive-This camera has been used only to recharge batteries. It stays in my kitchen and I had it set on Do Nothing. I need this camera as the others are not working so I put is outside. The running man is greyed out, the camera doesn't show in Setting-Home-Armed list. It does show in LIVE view. I don't find the Do Nothing option to change the setting. So no video, no notification and no library.
Please help if you can. Does Arlo give any options to actually speak to someone for help?

Thank you

This what is viewedThis what is viewed

Drive 3 pointing to the stairwayDrive 3 pointing to the stairway

Dannybear
Master
Master
For the camera that’s pictured, use a web browser to access the arlo portal and navigate to the camera’s video settings page. Then under the thumbnail click on the reset option to see if the camera view restores to full view. Delete any activity zones also.
While still using the browser, repeat this for all your other cameras.
Then go into the mode page and edit in each mode the camera rules, easiest to just delete and recreate each rule again.
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your help. Using the reset corrected the view with the camera pictured. That was a great tip that I was unaware of. The Drive and the Driveway3 cameras are now working after resetting or deleting. The Front camera is only recording manually. It apperars not to be working at all. I brought it inside and have no notifications, library. It does nothing when moving it around. Any suggestions?

It is unbeilevable the time I have spent with these cameras. I purchased cameras for a reason. So far they have been a bit of trouble. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Dannybear
Master
Master
For the camera that is not working you will need to reseat the battery and resync again if it fails to reconnect. I.e. Wait for the flashing blue led to finish blinking first.
Then delete all camera rules for that camera and make new ones. Hope it helps.
Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor
I contacted customer support today. They were very helpful and all cameras are working...at the moment. Apparently, weather, heat can be a factor. I didn't go for that, but that was one of the excuses for things going haywire. Also, they stated that firmware and software glitches cause recordings not to show up in the library. If these cameras are that erratic and undependable, I am surly concerned whether I made the right decision in purchasing them. My son and my brother both have Arlo and have had a few issues, but nothing compared to what I have been doing for the past 5 days. They were stumped, as well.
I am grateful for this community and the help I have received this week. Thank you for your responses.
Until next time.
Downunda
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the identical problem, recording to the USB stick was working for all of my cameras but nothing was being transfered to the library.

Eventually it turned out that the basestation timezone had changed!! How, I figure a firmware update possibly occured but how would one know. It was not a power problem as I have my basestation plugged into its own UPS.

Anyway as soon as I set the basestation time zone correctly all was fine again!

Deb-b3
Tutor
Tutor

The same thing happened to me yesterday, AFTER support helped me get all 4 cameras working. My time zone went from Central to Pacific. What????? Do we have to reset, add and remove, correct settings that we did not change every day??? I have more in my life than messing with these cameras daily. I just want to put up cameras, trust they are working  and go about my daily business. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
There was a previous firmware update to the base station that has since been recalled.
Can you check your base firmware to see if it has been changed back.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation