Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera records fine but motion detection is slow. How can I get quicker notice?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Marty-Mo
Aspirant
Aspirant

outside camera,  when I back car out of garage, I can be 1/4 mile down the road before I get motion detected, but when I view the recording, it starts as soon as the back of the car is visible, how can I get quicker notice of motion detection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marty-Mo wrote:

like sometimes I get the notice quick and other times they are way slow, up to almost a minute sometimes

Understood.  

If you are using smart notifications or activity zones, you could try disabling them for a little bit (as a test), and see if that makes it more consistent.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention pushes or emails....

Could be SMART is effecting ( slowing down slightly )... Are you using zones ?

Are we talking 20sec or so...

In end, not much can be done if you using pushes ( they are faster as they come on the trigger event while email come at the end of the file creation )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Marty-Mo
Aspirant
Aspirant

my notifications come on my phone

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marty-Mo wrote:

my notifications come on my phone

Sure.  But are they push notifications or email notifications?  You can tell by checking the camera rules for the mode.

Marty-Mo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB they are on push, sorry I'm very new with these cameras, seems like sometimes I get the notice quick and other times they are way slow, up to almost a minute sometimes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marty-Mo wrote:

like sometimes I get the notice quick and other times they are way slow, up to almost a minute sometimes

Understood.  

If you are using smart notifications or activity zones, you could try disabling them for a little bit (as a test), and see if that makes it more consistent.  

Marty-Mo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you I will try that

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation