Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera records all views

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • After setting recording zones.

Camera records all view. 

But I need just some areas.

Thx 

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It would be useful if you can further describe what you’re asking.

Can you confirm you have the Pro2 cameras, and if the cameras are externally powered from the Ac adapter or solar panel or battery only and if so are they are attached to a subscription plan.

The recordings Zones mentioned, do you mean activity zones?

The camera has the ability to zoom into a area of the full view under the app camera settings/video settings.

The activity zones can then be set up for that area.

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera is Pro 2.

Power from outlet. 

In video settings I pinch in so the  the square is very small covering only areas I like .

In activity zone I make 2 zones very small and save.

After when looking at recording videos shows all views camera is able to see.

Including hole street, sidewalk.  Camera is on side my house and I like records only my driver. 

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have subscription. 

Thx

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I always find that I need to refresh the display view immediately after changing the video zoom.

Try the following method, go into the video settings of the camera and adjust the picture zoom and position. Then exit the menu back to the devices page and start a live view of the camera. Confirm the new view is as wanted. Then manually record and confirm the recording is showing the wanted view.

If the above is working correctly then go into camera settings/Activity Zones and adjust the wanted zones to detect motion.

You may find a funny issue with the video settings/zoom function  not being able to restore to full size after a previous setting adjustment and all you can do is to zoom out to the max it will allow then exit and live view again to restore the view back to full view.

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I did step by step your suggestion. 

1000033646.jpg

1000033639.jpg

After setting video to require size when back to live view and see all camera views. After manual recording shows fool view. 

I'll try send pictures. 

1000033645.jpg

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is very busy street. 

I have hundreds recordings after to delete 

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is another setup. See pictures 

1. Video settings view 

2.after live view.  Already know is not working because live view should be what I did set in Video settings. 

1000033655.jpg

1000033654.jpg

 first picture live view after setting.  Second picture video setting.

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I found some solution. 

Set video all the way to right corner. In zones did nothing. 

In live shows mostly I like. And manual recording shows ok.

I'm not touching any more. Just awaiting someone gone pull into my driveway. 

Thanks a lot to "Master"

1000033666.jpg

1000033665.jpg

1000033664.jpg

1000033662.jpg

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I can not see the screenshots in your last post until a forum moderator vets them.

I do see you have the later app UI with feed so can’t help to compare as I still use the older library app UI. There are obviously still plenty of new bugs in the new app UI so will not be keen to use arlo anymore when arlo decides to make it compulsory to use.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can try positioning the camera different so it is pointed more at where you are needing the recordings. So it is not picking up all the extra traffic. You can also do activity zones and mark the areas that you are wanting to be recorded. 

https://www.arlo.com/en_fi/support/faq/1001908/What-are-activity-zones-and-how-do-I-create-them

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

If you see my previous and pictures I was able to set what I wanted. 

My camera is installed way up on side of my house difficult to reach specially in this weather. 

But you right I should aim camera more to my driveway not to the street.

Thanks a lot

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I live on a fairly busy street as well it was picking up over 2,000 cars a day. Aiming the camera different made a huge difference and now only picks up what I am trying to see. Let me know if that does not help. 

Amicore
Aspirant
Aspirant

In previous posts I already stated that I'm fine. found solutions. 

Thx a lot

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation