Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide

I am sick and tired of my camera's being drained quickly because all the motion detection that it is picking up. I shut off the activity zones and it is still picking up motion from branches blowing, bugs flying by, etc... I only select cars, people, pets, on most my camera's. Why is it picking up everything? PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry but you have to make it stop. Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning. Remember that the sun's IR is being reflected off various objects that move so eliminate them from the camera view. Aim at only the real area of interest such as your front door, not at the sky, road, trees, etc. You may have to move the camera to accomplish this.

In addition, many of us use modes and rules with motion sensitivity turned down for daylight hours when the sun can cause problems. If not familiar with changing your rules, read the various FAQs here on doing so along with creating custom modes. Once you have modes configured to your liking, use the schedule to automate switching.

Xnavyman17
Guide
Guide
But I never had to do all of that. Now it picks up everything.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation