Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera goes offline occasionally. but only in one location. Maybe Wasserstein cable has problems?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
greyowl10
Tutor
Tutor

Here's my issue.  I have 2 Arlo systems at my house with 7 cams in total. Some cams are Pro & some Pro2.   All work fine but occasionally one of my outside cams goes off-line for several hours with no obvious reason. All other cams are recording. I have switched cams 3 times as a test & all cams in this location (under the eve) experience this. I have also relocated the Wasserstein cable to test for other interference with similar results. So it's not the cam & the location usually works fine.  The only other variable would be the cable.  I have ordered another to try but anyone have this experience?  I also have serious issues with the Wasserstein cables that come apart when pulled from the cam but that's another issue.   Ideas please.       

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What cable are you using - one for AC power or a solar panel? Do you have a battery installed? What happens if you use only battery power, removing the power connection at the camera? Since it's the location that's the issue, look for what may be in the walls/ceilings/floors in a straight line between the base and camera for anything that could block the signal. Also check for other wireless devices near the camera that could be causing interference in the camera connection.

You may be able to move the camera just a bit to cure the problem depending on what is causing the it to go offline.

greyowl10
Tutor
Tutor

Since it's an outside cam  ( -40  deg) in winter I don't run a battery.  I have been using a Wasserstein cable plugged into a heavy duty extension cord.   I last couple of days I have bought a new Lanmu cable to try & also ran a new channel through my garage wall in case my front light electricity might be the issue.  Also changed the extension cord & different outlet.  So far working fine but the issue happens about once a week so will give it time.  I have 7 cams & this location is only issue. 

On another note,  I am not happy with the Wasserstein cables.  I have 4/5 of them & 2 have come apart at the camera when I try to remove them.  Meaning the silver pin housing stays stuck to the cam. These are not well made.  Get a nice email from Wasserstein but no action.  Just bought another replacement from them again.  Thx for the input /  B

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation