Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera doesn't record/detect... again. Need to remove and reset it to have it work.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wolfy13
Guide
Guide

Well, I'm back. I have a strong feeling it is a hardware issue with one of my cameras as it continuously has problems. This issue will be at least the 3rd or 4th time and the 2nd time in q week after resetting.
The issue: it happened over Christmas, as I was out of town, and I realized I was no longer getting notifications for my front door. I then noticed that the camera hadn't recorded anything at all in 3 days. I could watch live but no motion detection. After returning home, I removed the camera and reset it (since this is how I've had to do it before). This fixed the problem for a few more days, but again it stopped recording and is doing the same thing... changing nothing, it just stops.

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Wolfy13,

I would suggest to try optimizing the motion detection if it's not detecting motion properly. You can read here to learn how: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

You also might want to try moving your cameras closer to the Base Station to see if that may help as well.

Otherwise, feel free to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Wolfy13
Guide
Guide
This isn't the issue. One day it was recording my neighbor pulling into his garage. The next it wouldn't record me shoveling 5' from the camera
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation