Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
CoasterNut
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras always spins when I try to connect to live video. I can see the details of the battery, etc but it just spins on 'connecting' when trying to watch live video. I've tried restarting the base station and also reducing camera. It'll work for a few minutes but will then go right back to spinning.
12 REPLIES 12
Lisajean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problems.  Let me know what you find out.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CoasterNut @Lisajean

Does this issue you're describing have an error code as well?

CoasterNut
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, the camera will just show the spinning icon and say Connecting...
I've left it on connecting for several minutes and it does not error out or connect, just spins indefinitely.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CoasterNut

I have a few questions for you.

- What version of the Arlo mobile app are you using?

- What phone/OS are you running?

- Does this issue occur on the web browser as well?

- Is this occurring on mobile data & WIFI?

Lisajean
Aspirant
Aspirant

No error message shows.  This happens on my cell phone and husbands phone.  Sometimes we can see on the computer but not always, computer will say  your request has"Timed out".

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Sadly it's frustrating.. Nothing much we can do about it unless talented Arlo Engineers fix our Base Firmwares or their Servers.. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CoasterNut wrote:
One of my Arlo Pro 2 cameras always spins when I try to connect to live video. I can see the details of the battery, etc but it just spins on 'connecting' when trying to watch live video. I've tried restarting the base station and also reducing camera. It'll work for a few minutes but will then go right back to spinning.

Does this happen both in the web client and the app?

Does it happen if you move the camera close to the base?

Lisajean
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB It happens on iphone app and on the computer. We have purchased these cameras to keep an eye on elderly mother during the day.  It does not always track her from room to room.  Very frustrated when it doesn't record and she gets up in the night.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

gr8number8
Initiate
Initiate

This happens to me. It's been happening a couple of months now.

If I'm watching the camera and then go out of the App, it continues to spin and finally says the camera is unreachable.

I opened a ticket with support and they suggested that I go into my iPhone settings and offload the data.

That worked for a second.

I have also attempted to change my Wifi broadcast channel so it wouldn't compete with the Arlo channel.

This started happened right around the update that included two factor authentication. 

I can't believe more of the support community isn't freaking out over this.

ChrisInSanDIefg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem.

I disconnected them. Brought them back online. I deleted the app on my phone. 

Nothing, the camera shows the battery charge and that it's on wifi, but then just spins and never connects. 

gr8number8
Initiate
Initiate
I can’t tell you how many hoops I’ve jumped through with Arlo support. They’ve told me to reset the base stations cameras, switch batteries, bring the camera next to the base station and hold the sync button, tell my ISP to change the WiFi channel the router is broadcasting on, check and see if it works on a computer browser and on and on. It appears that they either aren’t notating my case with all of these troubleshooting steps I have taken or are not reading the case before reaching back out. This has to be an issue with session control. When leaving the app, the base station isn’t notifying the camera to drop the session. It started right around the time they enabled MFA. Total software issue and it’s hard to believe that this bug has made it months without their testers confirming it exists.
Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation