Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud recording without sound

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
fankhaus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Like many users, I started having lots of issues at the end of December 2019, start of January 2020.

In addition to the cracking/ticking/white noise sound that many users have, my cloud recordings started having no sound (while local recordings have sound).

The only solution, restart the base every few days, which is extremely aggravating.

After two months of troubleshooting and no solution, Arlo sent me a refurbished base (instead of a new one).

Everything worked fine for 2 weeks and the issue started again on March 6 (just after Arlo updated its software... Again).

At this stage, it really seems the issue is with Arlo's software and cloud recording.

My impression is that the addition of 4K recording is putting too much strain on Arlo's systems and that Arlo is no longer able to handle all that bandwidth, creating many issues, particularly for owners of older systems (whose streaming is likely given a lower priority to favour buyers of new systems that require much more bandwidth... and also have to pay a monthly fee...).
0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation