Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
My powered camera is subscribed to the CVR. No Activity Zones. Motion at 100%. Armed mode...motion at 100%. 2 Smart features on....people and animal. Other smart features off. NOT receiving motion alerts. Push on. Email off. CVR is recording. How do I get the motion detection to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
The “hockey puck” stayed black in live view. The CVR had recorded the motion. Just no notifications or library clips. I removed the camera. Changed the password. Reset the Arlo modem. Re-synced the camera. It’s working as it should now. Maybe I had an old IITTT applet or Stringify flow I forgot about. I think password changes should be higher on the suggestion list.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it recording the smaller videos into the library ??? ( not cvr )

As the alerts come from a triggered event.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Timeline is being recorded. There are no video clips from the motion detection. And no push notifications from motion detection.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jasonr002 wrote:
The Timeline is being recorded. There are no video clips from the motion detection. And no push notifications from motion detection.

Then make sure and verify the motion detect is ON... alerts ONLY come from triggered events not the CVR.

Also the part of no videos in the Library lead me to think arming is off.

ARM the cameras, verify on the live view screen the "ball and lines" ( looks like a philly hockey logo ) are BLACK... take a stroll to test.

If it works, you should have an alert and a video in the library

Morse is faster than texting!
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
I followed your directions. I’ve included a screen shot. The “hockey puck” motion icon is black during the live video on the top camera. The “hockey puck” motion icon is greyed out during the live video on the bottom camera.
Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone have an explanation? Did anyone view the attached file in my previous post?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm a bit confounded by this. Are you seeing bars over the CVR timeline when motion recordings should have been made? Are you always in live view (which will disable automatic recordings)? When not in live view, is the motion detection icon ("hockey puck") still black? Black = armed, gray = disarmed.

I have issues sometimes with my Q on CVR not showing recordings in the library but not always, maybe 10% of the time. Most times I get recordings and a bar over the timeline when the recording was made.

Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
The “hockey puck” stayed black in live view. The CVR had recorded the motion. Just no notifications or library clips. I removed the camera. Changed the password. Reset the Arlo modem. Re-synced the camera. It’s working as it should now. Maybe I had an old IITTT applet or Stringify flow I forgot about. I think password changes should be higher on the suggestion list.
jblust
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure if I should post here or create a new thread because this one is already "solved" but I've got the same problem. I noticed last night that my 3 CVR cameras hadn't been recording anything to the CVR timeline for quite a while, so I went into the subscription settings and removed/re-added the CVR feature for the three cameras. Since then, the CVR is working, and the green motion detection bar on the CVR timeline appears when there's motion, and the motion indicator on the devices tab lights up when there's motion on those cameras, but they do not record any video clips or send a push notification as their rule is configured to do.

I've tried the usual stuff (removing and resyncing cameras, reconfiguring Armed mode rules) and tried changing my password as this thread suggests, since I had used Stringify in the past. None of that has worked. It seems to be pretty clearly linked to CVR, since as soon as I enable CVR, the clips and notificaitons stop working. If I remove the camera from CVR and then view/save the motion detection rule for the camera, clips start recording again (but obviously, no more CVR). Any suggestions how to get around this bug?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jblust

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

sbraun2815
Tutor
Tutor

I have  3 cameras and 2 are working fine but the third camera is not detecting motion.   I have removed it and added the device again.  It syncs properly and records live but after taking it off live, it does not detect motion.  

Jasonr002
Aspirant
Aspirant
My powered CVR camera doesn’t detect motion again. After I re-did everything I stated in the previous message the damn camera doesn’t detect motion when the CVR is activated.
Phillis6
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have 3 cameras and 2 are working fine but the third camera is not detecting motion. Not sure whether it’s relevant but The only difference between the 1 camera that is not working is that it is permanently connected to the mains, the 2 that are working are from battery?
sbraun2815
Tutor
Tutor

Another post suggested that I take out the battery and wait 30 seconds or so and then try again.   After doing that, I had to sync the camera again to the base station and the camera began detecting motion.    All of my cameras are battery operated so I'm not sure what to suggest except to try to sync it again.  I tried calling the support line 3 times and every time after the representative answered and I began talking, they hung up !  That is when I read the post about taking out the battery and since that fixed my problem, I didn't call again.

jblust
Tutor
Tutor
That would be a different problem then. The problem we’re discussing in this thread is specific to CVR and motion alerts, and CVR can’t be used on battery-only cameras.
Nzo11814
Aspirant
Aspirant
I subscribed two of my 4 cameras to the CVR. Once I plugged them in , resynced them , turned off all motion detection on then back off, then the camera and base station on and off. The two active CVR cameras do not push notifications of motion or record clips in the library. Seems like a software malfunction because we should not be losing functionality by gaining functionality for plugging them in.
Napsmomny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever get a fix on this issue? I am having the same problem going on 2 months now. GRRRR

sbraun2815
Tutor
Tutor

I didn't get a fix from Arlo however, I removed the battery from the unit, put it back in and then synced it again and it worked.   I really think just removing the battery did it.  Good luck!

jblust
Tutor
Tutor

There's no fix that I'm aware of for the CVR/motion detection issue. I've had to turn off CVR on the cameras where I need to have motion detection working. @ShayneS do you know of any update?

Napsmomny
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi has there been any update on this issue? It's been two months now and still have the same issue.

sirgalahad
Aspirant
Aspirant

They did a backend update on Monday night. CVR and motion alerts/recording should be working. The only issue I am having now is the recordings are about 1 minute longer than they should be. 

Nzo11814
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I’m mine also started working on Monday.
simeshev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you share a bit more information regarding videos being longer than they should be?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

A fix has been released after reports regarding this issue. Please update to the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App.

Creakycracky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a similiar problem despite updating to the latest app @ShayneS . What's the next step?

I have tried removing the camera, resyncing, restarting the base station, changed my password but nothing worked. 

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation