Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Problem

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ruas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem using geofencing.. Someone who knows about solution to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It would help if you explained the problem(s) your having...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

What’s your problem, more specifically?

General thoughts:   Make sure you allow Arlo to use your location on your desired mobile device.  Make sure your desired mobile device is checked as the device to be used by Arlo geofencing in the geofencing Settings.  If this is all true, try removing the check mark, saving, force closing and restarting the Arlo app and then re-checking your device in geofencing settings.

ruas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried to solve the issues as explained, but with no result.

My problem is that my app shows my devices as «unavailable» in Arlo app.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@ruas wrote:
I have tried to solve the issues as explained, but with no result.

My problem is that my app shows my devices as «unavailable» in Arlo app.

I just looked into this on my devices with various cameras.  I followed my own advice and found even more of a problem.  I have a lot of cameras.  Several of my cameras are Arlo Q Plus which have no base station and have individual mode settings.  On three different Arlo Q Plus cameras, my wife’s location status (for her IPhone) is “In Zone”, “Out of Zone “ and Unavailable.  I show out of zone which is correct.  I share these cameras with her.  I checked all of my geofencing modes at that same location for each camera or base and found she mostly shows up as “In Zone”, but does also show up as Out of Zone and Unavailable.  We are currently out of Zone and together.

So this is an Arlo problem that doesn’t appear to have a workaround.  Now I’ll check my other devices to see what they say about our locations.

ruas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply.

It seem that Arlo has a bigger issue than me and you. Its for sure a engineering problem Arlo MUST take action to asap!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation