Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SethRobinson
Tutor
Tutor

I am about done with this system.  For over a year my 3 Arlo Pro 2 HD cameras have been nothing but trouble.  Anyway, I pay for the CVR 14 day recordings.  My cameras are plugged in.  I have rebooted, restarted and reconnected everything more than once.  So I just walk in front of one of my cameras at 3:40pm.  I wait a bit then click on the CVR symbol on that camera, drag the timeline back to 3:43 and wait.  Loading.  Loading.  Loading I'm on my home wifi which is super fast).  I drag it to even earlier.  Loading.  Loading.  Loading.  Finally at another point in time the video appears to be playing back.  As it approaches 3:40 I se no green 'motion detected' indicator on the timeline.  As 3:40 ticks by there is nothing.  No video of me at that exact time walking in front of the camera.  Sigh.  Tell me...what am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
SethRobinson
Tutor
Tutor

After a year of troubleshooting and restarts I have concluded this system is terrible.  Here is a list of all the problems I have consistently:

CVR doesn't work

Pixelation

More Pixelation

Sound does not work

No motion indication on CVR timeline

Already had one camera replaced by company

Sorry, but for what I spent on your system it has been a complete failure.  

I have very strong wifi coverage as well.

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Same here.

The timeline stamps seems off by a lot. There are also times where when there is motion sensed, the timeline has a gap of missing footage.

quite frustrating

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot your base station? What trouble shooting steps have you performed?

SethRobinson
Tutor
Tutor

Multiple calls to Tech Support.

At least twice per month for over a year I have restarted/rebooted.

Factory Reset last week.

I'm sorry but considering the $$$ I spent on these I am completely disappointed.   The only thing that works is the push notifications.  At which point I get to look at the non-cvr video clip and see ghostly pixelated figures moving around. 

It should be noted that I've never once seen anything on the CVR service I paid for.

Oh and the audio function is worthless.  Last time I tried it I could see what I assume was my son completely pixelated.  I was speaking clearly for about a minute repeating the same phrase.  When I got home he said, "I couldn't understand a word you were saying."

BTW I've paid around $700 for not including my monthly CVR fee for this garbage.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation