Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
toshii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all. I have an arlo base station VMB4000r3. I have 4 cameras. I think 3 Pro and one Pro 2. I believe I have a 5 camera limit. I would like to add another camera and possibly replace one that isn't alerting anymore. I don't want to pay for service. So I was looking at used cameras online. If I buy one that has reached EOL can I add it? The wording about "existing owners" made me wonder if was linked to original owner or something? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Only arlo can give you a decisive answer to adding the EOL cameras. While the arlo pro is past EOL the pro2 date is to end of this year.

Arlo is continuing to provide the 7days free cloud storage for these legacy cameras post EOL so worth a try.

Be aware that cameras need to be released from the owners account before they can be imported to a new account. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@toshii wrote:

If I buy one that has reached EOL can I add it? 

Yes, and you would still be under the 5 camera limit for 7-day free cloud service.

The risks are

• you'd be purchasing a camera that is at least 5 years old.
  • if the previous owner failed to remove it from their account, then you won't be able to install it.
  • Arlo no longer sells accessories tailored for these cameras (particularly batteries).
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation