Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gemini3408
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a used pro 2 system with base station and pro 2 cameras. Can't get the Arlo app to recognize and connect to the base station. Internet is good and can see the base station is broadcasting on the cell phone Internet settings. I have 2 other pro 2 systems and am familiar with operating etc. lights on the base station look normal at start up but app can't find it. Any ideas?? Tia

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

A number of people have posted issues adding the vmb4000 base station. Arlo has no idea why.

Do you know if the new base was removed from the previous owners account?

Do you have a constant Amber camera led on the base post factory reset?

Does the adding process fail using the arlo web portal from a pc web browser?

Gemini3408
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't know if it was removed from the previous owners account. Guessing it was not.

Yes, constant amber light.

Haven tried using web portal from a PC browser.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Use a pc connected to the local network router to browse to my.arlo.com and logging in to try to add the base station.

The adding process can only be performed with the app connected to the local network that the base is connected to either by a Ethernet connection from a pc or the local wifi for the mobile.

Again there is a arlo problem with adding the vmb4000 base station so good luck.

Gemini3408
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll give it a try. Thank you!!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I have tagged the arlo moderators here so they may let you know when the arlo add issue is resolved.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gemini3408 

Where did you purchase the system? Are you able to verify if the base was removed from the account by chance?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation