Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Velati
Follower
Follower

I recently bought Arlo pro 2 6 camera set but it only supports 5 cameras at the best. I am not sure why they sell 6 camera sets when the base station is designed to be used only with 5 cameras max. Definitely not happy with the purchase.

36 REPLIES 36
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you follow the directions and use a new account and not an existing one?  If you used an existing account you need to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Log out and choose New to Arlo.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

I bought a 2 pack and liked it so much I'm returning it and going with the 6 pack.

Can anyone please confirm or not if the 6-pack is working now, and that I can simply remove all devices from my account and start over with the same account/email address, but with the new 6-pack base to get 6 cameras on my account? Has anyone done this successfully? I am in the US.

Just looking for what to expect when setting this up.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 6 camera set REQUIRES a new account.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

If that is in fact the case, then I'll have to look into removing all devices, deleting my account or having it deleted, and then recreating my account using the 6-camera base.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe you can delete an account or get it deleted.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

Section 5, subsection C of the Arlo privacy policy states that we have the right to have our accounts deleted. Account and info deletion is also part of GDPR under the "right to be forgotten" guidelines which it sounds like Arlo agrees to be in compliance with. Looks like they don't make it very user friendly though, you have to contact them directly in order to delete the account.

It's also outlined in slightly more detail in section 13 of the Terms of Service agreement in the app itself (settings>about>terms of service)

It might be worth it, at least to me, to delete and re-make. Especially if it means I don't have to make a whole new e-mail account just for Arlo.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

I just got an email back from Arlo support confirming that you do need a fresh email in my situation (exchanging a 5 camera base for a 6). I am clarifying if account deletion/recreation is a possible workaround.

pmcneil18
Star
Star

So, Arlo support advised me that yes, the base does need a "fresh" account to get the 6 limit. But there is a way to preserve your email address for use again. Here are the steps they sent and I followed, they worked perfectly:

If you do not have any spare email addresses for creating a new Arlo account, you may go ahead as planned by doing the following steps: 

1. Login to your existing Arlo user account. 
  2. Navigate to Settings > Profile > Email (field). 
  3. Change the Email address value into something else (bogus email) than your correct email address.
  4. Authenticate the change by typing your current user password.
  5. Complete the email address (User ID) change, so your preferred Arlo User ID (your email) will be free from our database.

I then removed all devices/ases/cameras from the account, unplugged the 5-base base, plugged in the 6-base, and started fresh with the "new to arlo" button when setting up, and used my originally desired email. Basically started all over. My old recordings are still available (for 7 days) by logging in using the bogus email.

The only downside to this is now my Arlo support forum account (this account you are reading this from) is tied to the bogus email, so I have to log in here with the email address I made up and don't get forum notifications. For now I can live with that!

Velati1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another issue: Arlo pro 2 regularly says internet connection is lost and does not recognize geofencing mode as home or away until you actually login to the account which defeats the purpose of geofencing mode.
At times I am home and it still shows “armed” which by geofencing should be turned to “disarmed”. Please think twice before you spend all that money on them.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're actually logging out from the app, you're causing the problem. The app has to be running in the background to allow things like this to work. Simply use the Home button or swipe the app to the background.

Velati1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am logged in 24/7 but I am forced to login each time it says internet connection is lost
Markasaurus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, we still have the issue!

Seriously, Arlo Support?  This is unacceptable.

You see hundreds of loyal customers with this problem. We all bought a six camera setup for over $1000.00 and cannot use our sixth camera.  Why don't you offer a refund or a fix?  Make a new email address? Really? 

Honest customer service is a critical quality for any successful company. You should be ashamed.  Get a fix out for users (like me) that are having trouble with this and stop trying to make your loyal customers upgrade to a paid plan ( totally unethical! )

The fact that this thread is buried under a google search and not on page one of your support page is pathetic. I have been watching this issue for six months and finally have reached the point where I am ready to leave this product and company for good.

Get your act together, Arlo! Fix it!

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation