Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlor Pro 2 Recording Starts To Freeze After 16 Sec

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trying to understand what happened with the Arlo Pro 2 recording.  Started OK,  about 16 seconds in, the video starts to pause and locks up.  Then just stops.   Camera is attached to electricty.   It did not start recording again once the Otter began to move.  it just stopped.  Not so impressed with these cameras anymore.     Why can't i post a copy of the video in order for you to view?

Firm Ware1.125.11.4_29092

9 REPLIES 9
Dannybear
Master
Master
Hi, I’m interested in seeing this otter.
If you’re using the iOS App, Go into the library, use the options (...) next to the video and choose share, then select the copy link option and paste into the post.
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the base as well as removing power and the battery and then reinsert both.

Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

The camera/house is 2 1/2 hours away.  Will do all that once I'm able to get there. 

Is there a reliablity issue here?  

Between this and the spastic sound issue, I may  need to start phasing in a different brand.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Bad hardware can occur at any time from any manufacturer. The more usual problem is freezing with pixelation but I see none here. These also are basically computer/digital devices and weird things can go wrong that a reboot can help. I wouldn't say you have a reliability issue yet but you can always open a case with support when you're physically there to help troubleshoot:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Dannybear
Master
Master
Thank for sharing the otter footage, do they cause any damage.
See below a video of my alarm clocks that can strip your house to bits if you let them.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/624ED761D252CDE9_201903
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Some folks thing that it's a Muskrat..  i dunno for sure.  but the tail seems more otter..  Our house is pretty far from the water so hasn't been an issue yet..  

@Dannybear wrote:
Thank for sharing the otter footage, do they cause any damage.
See below a video of my alarm clocks that can strip your house to bits if you let them.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/624ED761D252CDE9_201903

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards to your video, the video does not freeze so much as the video track in the recording just disappears half way through it but the audio track continues.
It would be interesting if the backup USB shows the recording in full, that’s if you have one installed on the base station unit.
Btw, is the camera cabled with power? And can you live stream it ok from your App?
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Dannybear wrote:
Regards to your video, the video does not freeze so much as the video track in the recording just disappears half way through it but the audio track continues.
It would be interesting if the backup USB shows the recording in full, that’s if you have one installed on the base station unit.
Btw, is the camera cabled with power? And can you live stream it ok from your App?

the unit is 2 1/2 hours away. so it will be awhile before i can exam the USB connected device. 

Yes, I log into the system daily and can view ALL my cameras without issue.   This is a Pro 2 Camera connected to via power (not just battery)    All of the cameras work without issue, except for the sound is spasctic.  (they blame on network)  It's been this way for a long while.  I started introducting Wyze cameras to the network. They do NOT have the sound issue.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation