Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor

Had notification pop up to update camera firmware.....did that now slow buffering when opening then when it opens black screens with sound...
Motion recordings working find..
Have rebooted ,dumped caches, reinstalled app & repowered phone..
Was WORKING FINE before update...
ARLO or anybody got any fixes or suggestions...PLZ....thanks

31 REPLIES 31
JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something has changed for the positive since last night (11/6/2018).  I uninstalled the mobile APP as I have been doing daily to  attempt to solve this issue, powered off my mobile phone and left it off for over 30 minutes. I then powered it back on and reinstalled the mobile APP.  Everything has been working great since.  The APP version hasn't changed,  it is still Version 2.6.2_2280 with release date of 10/25/18... but something changed for the better.  I can now Live Stream all  3 of my Arlo Pro2 cameras, and can even Live Stream them all at once.  My mobile connection (not Wifi) appears to work better too, I haven't  yet tried any networks outside the home.  So, at this point, the APP appears to be working as before (prior to 10/17/18).  I will post if this changes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Glen69, 

It looks like Customer Support tried to contact you on 11/1/18. I have have notified our support team & they will be reaching out as soon as possible.

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Thats good news , cheers.
Liamg91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. Since updating my Arlo app to the new app, it keeps taking forever to load live feeds, sometimes it says camera offline and sometimes i get a black screen. Also the app is very laggy and keeps freezing. There is no problem viewing the live feeds on a web browser. I have tried un installing the app and reinstalling. Factory resetting the arlo base stations amd re adding the cameras again and the arlo app still does the same. Never had a problem with the previous arlo app. Ive got a arlo pro 2 system. Anyone else had any problems?

Liamg91
Aspirant
Aspirant

P.s ive got an android phone. Does the same on my android tablet too.

Dave32B
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep.  New android app is buggy.  Browse the forum you will see a lot of similar issues with the new app.

Liamg91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. There was me thinking it was my orbi router playing up. Hope they sort it soon.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation