Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor

Had notification pop up to update camera firmware.....did that now slow buffering when opening then when it opens black screens with sound...
Motion recordings working find..
Have rebooted ,dumped caches, reinstalled app & repowered phone..
Was WORKING FINE before update...
ARLO or anybody got any fixes or suggestions...PLZ....thanks

31 REPLIES 31
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

Is this affecting all your cameras or is this issue occurring with a single camera?

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Yes to both camera's....on multiple devices...
On my account/ phone and another family member access on her phone.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

Have you verified that the base station is on the latest firmware? I have attached the firmware release notes here - Firmware

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Yes James have verified that it has updated to latest on base station aswell...
Getting frustrated with this ...plz do something....was fine UNTIL YOU RELEASE THE UPDATE FOR CAMERAS...

I've noticed a lot more ppl are now having same issues.... has to be in latest firmware..
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Come on guys.....Now with android app update connecting to livefeed is taking forever and still only to find black screen 99% of the time...
WHEN ARE YOU THINKING OF FIXING THESE ISSUES...????
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Now the ISSUES have escalated to not been able to get a live feed AT ALL now..... just constantly getting CONNECTING with loading circle......

ARLO , NETGEAR what are you doing to correct these latest update issues...PLEASE give us some sort of info as to whats going on...its now such a frustrating problem that prior to update was talking up your product now have told family & friends to avoid them now.....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

What type of device are you using when you experience this issue? Is it an Android/iPhone/Tablet/PC?

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for replying Shane,cheers.
All problems we are experiencing are on android devices(phones & 1 tablet)..
Nextdoor neighbor is experiencing the same issues.. after coming back from overseas and updating... not sure what devices they are using.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

is this intermittent or can you not view your live feed at all times on all devices? Does each device share the same symptom consistently or intermittently?

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
So Shayne what i decided to do was a total complete uninstall of everything, from app , both cameras & base station and did everything from scratch..
So what i found was live feed was considerably better on connecting without mains when i did the resync to base station BUT when i remounted cameras and connected them to mains via GENUINE cables,chargers things go to the crapper with long connecting to live feeds, black screens.....audio and recordings are fine, except for the odd cut out...As i said previously was never a problem before the updates..

So any ideas what to try next , Oh by the way everything only a few mths old.
Cheers.
JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issues as Glen69.  Started for me on 10/17/2018.  I too did a complete uninstall and reinstall.  I have 4 cameras, 3 Arlo Pro2 and 1 Arlo Pro.  All 3 Arlo Pro2 cameras use power cables, Arlo Pro is battery powered.   The 3 Arlo Pro2 cameras simply stream Connecting when attempting to Live Stream when using Wifi connection via Android phone.  The Arlo Pro (battery powered) works fine. When I change the phone to mobile  (not Wifi) I have better luck but still get black screen frequently  when connected but hear sound.    I also installed the APP on my wifes phone (also Android) and she uses a different mobile service provider, I get the same issues, constant Connecting when attempting to Live stream via Wifi.  I have also tried at 2 different households, therefore using different local Wifi connections/routers, same result .  I think this is an APP issue , maybe specific to Android phones.  This was never a problem prior to 10/17 and had been work flawlessly for several months.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69, JohnEQuest,

What is the name of the devices you are experiencing the connection/black screen issue on?

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
The 2 phones Samsung S7 , S8
The tablet Samsung Tab 3
JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you mean the phone, mine is  a Samsung Galaxy S6.  It is an Android version 7.0.  My wife is away but I believe hers is  a Galaxy S7.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

JohnEQuest, Glen69

Have you updated the Arlo Mobile App to the most recent firmware. There was an update today Arlo Android App - 2.6.2 

JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled/reinstalled the APP today and the Version says 2.6.2_22800, Released 10/25/18

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Not today's i haven't, didn't know there was 1....
Will do now.
Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Ok update complete.....sorry still long connecting issue then only to get black screens on S7 and likewise with tablet.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

Is this on WIFI, cellular data or both?

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Wifi....and just tried Cell too.😖
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glen69,

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.

JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you find a solution/fix, please POST.

Glen69
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry John sadly NO NEWS AS YET.
Supposedly a report was lodged but no outcome or any notification/communication has yet to be received my end yet😖😣😡🤬
JohnEQuest
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that if  support can't fix with a  Restart Base Station and/or Router, Resync  Camera, or Reload  Mobile    App then  the issue goes into the wait and see queue.  I keep uninstalling the Mobile App each day and installing hoping a new version will fix.  My work around is to view Live Streaming on my laptop or desktop which BTW works great.  I can also get some Live Stream success with mobile service and the phone app but it's not as reliable  as the Wifi  connection  was previously on my phone.   I had a friend ask me about my camera system over the past weekend, two weeks ago I would have highly recommended Arlo, I hesitated to recommend at this point.    Something certainly changed at or around the time they released the new phone app.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation