Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pritammazumder
Guide
Guide

Great! Within a year, the battery on one of the camera is dead. Customer care stopped responding to me. Activity zones do not work. Wonder if i need to look elsewhere for another brand.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQ here about reviving a dead battery? You have to plug it in at least 6 times to get sufficient charge for it to recharge normally. It's better to recharge proactively.

Pritammazumder
Guide
Guide

it was a plugged in unit which was always powered ON.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And how do you know the battery is dead? Did you unplug the camera? Did you try swapping batteries between 2 cameras? It helps to know all the info up front so this doesn't drag out over days.

Pritammazumder
Guide
Guide

Are you Arlo representative? Would have given you all the details if your signature said so. 

I am an EE by profession, so yes, i know how to troubleshoot batteries. I have carried all the steps known to me with my 15 years of experience in the industry working in all facets of electrical engineering. Appreciate your help, but if you really want to help me, send me a replacement battery. it has been a frustrating experience dealing with Arlo

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Never, ever, provide personal info on the Internet. As a professional, you should know that.

No, I'm a retired IT systems administrator/manager with previous electronic tech experience. This is a user forum, not official support although there are a few Arlo employees who do post here - you can tell by their avatar. 

All we can do is try to help from afar. Without full understanding of what you've tried, what you see, etc., all we can do is guess, leading to conversations like this.

Pritammazumder
Guide
Guide

I am not one of those hiding behind the internet and criticizing others in the name of helping them. Call me to discuss. Don't just hide behind the internet and instigate frustration or give useless suggestions.

dcfox1
Master
Master

He meant don't put personal information up in a public forum so scammer can contact you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

maybe tooooo much coffee ...

If it's less than a year, contact Arlo support again for warranty

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation