Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Felwah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 stations one in which I stopped using for few months but it is basically new I only used it for few times and has 5 cameras.. however when I needed it now it won’t charge it only works when the power is plugged in. I tried switching batteries but it didn’t work. Any idea how to resolve this issue ? 

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is the issue with the base station or a camera? The base runs off external power and not a battery.

when you swap batteries are they fully charged?

Felwah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply 

the issue is with the camera (5 cameras same issue) 

no they are not charged because all 5 cameras have the same issue 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

In case you’re not aware, when you turn off a camera in the camera’s settings it continues to connect to the base station so it can be turned back on. 

Removing the camera’s battery is the only method to prevent the battery from discharging completely although it will eventually go flat as it has a shelf life of a year or two.

If a battery is completely flat the camera locks out the charging method to prevent further damage.  

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Some users say that it can take several attempts to re prime the battery to make the camera start charging.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

If a battery is completely flat the camera locks out the charging method to prevent further damage.  

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do 

Some users say that it can take several attempts to re prime the battery to make the camera start charging.

@Felwah :  Getting a standalone charger is another option.

There are some less expensive third-party chargers that also claim to be compatible with the Pro/Pro 2 batteries.  I've only used Arlo's charger, so I'm not recommending them - just pointing out that they are out there.

Felwah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

any idea if there is a way to unlock the charging method?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Felwah wrote:

any idea if there is a way to unlock the charging method?

Try the procedure @DannyBearAgain posted:

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation