Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Bepis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.12.2.4_2772
4 cameras
Full signal

Battries have been lasting at least 4 months before hitting about 30% as minimal detection...recently charged all cameras about 2 weeks ago and today noticed they all dropped to around 50% ...same levels of detection ...any one else having this issue? I've restarted base unit with no change.

Having all cameras drop makes me believe it's a firmware issue...

Any help would be great 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be hard to say since we don't know your setup or envirnment. My batteries are still lasting as expected. You can try rebooting the base with the power button and reinserting the camera batteries to see if that helps. Also verify that your firmware is up to date compared to what's listed in the Release Notes section here.

Bepis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply mate, I've taken all the cameras down, unsyncd / removed batteries then replaced and are now on charge after re-syncing.

So far the battery status have remained the same after 're syncing...I'll hard reset the base station next then reinstall cameras and report back results

Cameras are all placed on external box gutter, exposed fully to elements - temps recently have dropped under 10 degrees over night (Melbourne winter)

Checking one camera's charge status now - was 39% and has charged to 75% in a matter of 30 minutes if this means anything (Not sure how quick they are supposed to charge as I leave them to charge during day while I'm at work)

Sorry for the essay lol
WENDIGO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. They were working fine, battery at 85-90%. Then one day one camera dropped to 4%, and a week ,after the other two dropped to under 10% overnight. No WiFi changes or other device issues. 

Bepis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just a update since my last message (this may help you also), all cameras seem to be holding charge fine since removing all battries then recharging, powering down base and then re-synching all cameras.
Bepis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update - 1 month since full charge/re synch , all cameras down to 2%

All movement detection is the same as it's always been, what is the life span of the battries ? Concerning performance now....
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Bepis,

The batteries in your Arlo camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day. You can read more here on how to maximize your camera's battery life: How can I extend my Arlo camera's battery life?

If you still need further assistance, contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation