Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station was reseted and after that unable to connect to all 4 cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DelmontEng
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having Arlo Pro 2 base station with Pro2 camera. Base station was reseted and after that unable to connect to all 4 cameras.

All documents saying press sync button for 15 sec to reset and will change to amber. But the camera is not changing lights.

While i try to connect to support. very poor and pathertic support. No Supervisor or manager on the floor and the Customer service executive not trusting the customer. There is no option to upload video in chat too.

Very bad experinece. Can i have escalation matrx.

Case id: 43098453

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cameras older than the Ultras (2018) such as the Pro 2 cannot be reset by holding the sync button. The docs are in error. Reinserting the battery will "reset" the camera back to a known condition but if you need to really reset it you must remove it from your account and sync it again.

DelmontEng
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera was bought a week before and i don't think so it would be 2018. Also i have tried all options removing battery etc. Nothing works.

Really a bad product as support is pathetic

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DelmontEng wrote:

The camera was bought a week before and i don't think so it would be 2018.

Can you confirm the camera model?  Open the case, remove the battery, and look for a label that starts with VMC.

When you purchased isn't that relevant, what matters is the camera model (and when it was launched).

PuzzleDylan
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the same problem I'm having with these cameras. We have 5 of the Pro2 that had to be disconnected due to relocation  and when we tried to re install them we had the same problem except Arlo Tech Support told us we needed tp purchase a new base station which we did and this hasn't helped at all.  

I have been on the phone to the support teams for hours on end over different days and nothing has helped. 

I'm going to make it my mission to get this fixed or go to VCAT as this is unacceptable, we have 12 of these cameras all up and have spent good money with Arlo in the past.   

Case Number: 43108031

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally when moving, all that's needed is to power down the system, move it and power it back up. The base simply needs Internet access and moving to a new location doesn't cause an issue unless there's a new ISP and/or router that causes access to arlo.com to be blocked somehow. A new base station won't fix it unless the old one had a failure.

You can try connecting the base directly to the modem (assuming you have a separate modem instead of a combo modem/router) to see if that works. You'll need to power cycle both the modem and base, in that order to test. That should give you the LED indication that all is well (3 green LEDs or a solid blue one, depending on the base). If not, it would seem that the ISP is the issue and you'd have to work through them to unblock whatever they're doing.

If all that doesn't help, give us full details of what you've tried and what you see.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation