Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ehouse11
Tutor
Tutor

Just recently, within the last 2 weeks the base unit (in 2 separate locations) keeps going offline. Is there a system issue that is not being addressed??? This is really frustrating.

199 REPLIES 199
Darren44
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im ex IT and have tried days of fault finding ( in between normal life )

Played with router - basehub - IP addresses - - physically playing with the box - interrogating my comp and router - changed cables - ports  - unistalled - installed - tried from co9mputer - tried from phone  -- -- basically everything

Everyone seems to have the same problem from a certain date - im thinking there was either a crafty update (r3) which has issues or something is wrong their end.

Rosswright
Tutor
Tutor
After a 8 hour rest, the base station came back online and operated correctly for 24hrs. Now however, it appears that the base station cannot find the cameras. I can access saved camera footage from this morning so know the internet connection is working.
Any suggestions ?
Pb72
Initiate
Initiate

I don’t know about getting a log, but investigating my system with the same version base station, I find that it is only the iPad app that is showing the base station offline. The Android app on my phone shows everything normal as does logging in through the web site. My router admin also shows the base station as connected and live.

The other odd thing is though, the iPad app even though it shows everything offline, if I trigger a camera, I get an alert on the iPad and it shows up in the library as a new video clip even though I can’t open and view it.

I have reported this though the Apple store, but no response from Arlo.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@unclev wrote:
Anybody still with Arlo need their head examined! The whole platform is unstable. The hardware is riddled with electronic issues they refuse to acknowledge. The technical staff in charge of the app are clueless. I could go on and on.... If everyone only knew!

I've had Arlo 3+ years, and every issue I've had has been either App or cloud related. I know some people here or there mess up their router, but that is the far far far minority of cases. I think they should let us disassociate from their cloud servers if we want, and rely on the local hub + usb storage (on the older models we can't do this). I'll give up my 7 days free storage if you let me run the base station locally and actually control my system.

For those of us who have stable home networks it gets incredibly frustrating to keep hearing Arlo pin issues on users when history shows it is almost always an issue on the Arlo App or cloud.

Gonefishin1
Star
Star

Agreed.

If only Arlo had the yarbles to admit that this is a fault of their own. 

Raampage
Star
Star

Same.  Happens all over the board with different browsers, tablets, apps.

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's a band-aid, but for folks on Android if you clear the App Cache it seems to help the App re-associate with the base station. Mine basically stopped connecting in the past week and this seemed to work (VMB4000 + Arlo Pros).

Having said that, the instability of Arlo's app over the years and the refusal to focus on speed and stability over peppering existing customers with ads to buy their Smart subscription is absolutely exhausting.

gososavero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same Issue... any solution?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Scott-H1977
Initiate
Initiate
Same problems here, my problem started April 26th with the base station going offline completely for several days. Several router, modem, base station reboots made no difference. I finally removed the base station from my account and factory reset it. Set everything back up, had to recreate my schedules. Now the base station is sometimes online, sometimes offline. Cameras seem to still record when base station is offline, except one camera is being stubborn. The 2 consistently working cameras are Pro2, the one that is being stubborn is Pro. I have 3 other cameras I haven’t even bothered reconfiguring yet, because I don’t want to waste my time if it completely goes offline again. Before this I had no problems for 2 years.
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Scott-H1977 wrote:
Same problems here, my problem started April 26th with the base station going offline completely for several days. Several router, modem, base station reboots made no difference. I finally removed the base station from my account and factory reset it. Set everything back up, had to recreate my schedules. Now the base station is sometimes online, sometimes offline. Cameras seem to still record when base station is offline, except one camera is being stubborn. The 2 consistently working cameras are Pro2, the one that is being stubborn is Pro. I have 3 other cameras I haven’t even bothered reconfiguring yet, because I don’t want to waste my time if it completely goes offline again. Before this I had no problems for 2 years.

I've seen posts like this so many times over the years on this forum, people sacrificing time from their own lives because of misguided Arlo advice including the Arlo "gurus" on this forum.  It's almost never the user's fault, and always comes down to Arlo's App or their cloud.

I'm sorry you wasted your time but there's likely nothing you can do to fix your issue. It's on Arlo's end, and good luck expecting any kind of quick fix from them. That's the sad truth and anyone who tells you otherwise is delusional. Let's watch and see how long this takes to fix; I'd love for them to prove me wrong for once.

ndt98
Guide
Guide
This morning it works again , i did nothing as i am tired with all the trials !!! So for the support it is a closed case - Happy that the base station is online again, hope for a long time.
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok....One of my units has MOSTLY been non-functional for almost a day.

Gonefishin1
Star
Star

It works. It don't work. It works. It don't work....................

This is my situation.

Raampage
Star
Star

Yup.  Never thought I'd join Me Too... but

A.

R.eal

L.ousy

O.ption

Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

It captures video but I cannot change the mode or watch live. It has been intermittent but this has been getting progressively worse for more than a week - I figured Arlo would have it fixed by now. At the moment it is stuck like this for several hours.

Any updates, Arlo? I can't find any status updates about this and the status page continues to say all is good, despite dozens of people reporting this problem in various forums.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback while we worked to resolve this issue. This "you are not connected to the internet" issue  should now be resolved. 

Note: you can monitor the status here Arlo Status 

Golem888
Tutor
Tutor
It's not resolved for me. Two of my five cameras are are still offline and not connected to the internet. I've successful re- synched them to no avail.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@ShayneS

Thank you for your help with getting this issue resolved.

Cheers.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Arlo updated their status site with details of the outage being resolved.

Maybe try power cycling the base station if you’re still having offline issues.
Nichols55
Star
Star

The issue is NOT completely resolved.  A few of my cameras still show offline.  I can view my cameras in Safari, but not in Google Chrome.  (They still show offline) And speaking of Google Chrome, I haven't been able to download any videos from this browser for some time now.  Worked for years and then one day about 1-2 months ago, they just decided to stop.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nichols55

Can verify if you have the latest version of google chrome; Version 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (x86_64). Can you also try clearing your cache. 

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
@ShayneS

Thank you for the update.

My system has been online but I'm still not getting videos consistently. I get a notification, but no video.

This started at the same time the "offline" problem started last week.

I've reinstalled batteries, and even changed out cameras. Still a problem.

Any help appreciated.
Steven_Martin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has been working fine for the last 24 hours after doing a full reset the previous evening.

Bit of advise.

When the ARLO unit goes offline & your 100 miles from it, it's pretty hard to do a full reset. That's why I brought an "Internet power switch" a couple of months ago and placed it between the power-plug & the ARLO unit. At least I can then remotely turn ARLO off using an app & mobile, & it also tells me that I also still have power.

Maybe ARLO should reimburse those that take this option by giving them a couple of months free to the same value....at least.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @WebDancer

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support