Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station and Pro 2 camera is offline in Arlo app but camera blinks for motion?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlocomm
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base hub is offline and camera is offline in the arlo app. However still camera blinks for motion when i go close.
Does anyone know if my camera is hacked ?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... the cameras only talk to the base and if it’s offline it doesn’t send anything out...

more than likely a glitch which powering down the base and then up will fix.

What are the led(s) showing on the base?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Arlocomm
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac  My Alro Base station is offline and not connected to power and two cameras which are detecting motion with amber blinking and IR night vision light as well offline though they have battery in it.

I wonder what causes motion detection when devices are offline and in my Arlo app there is no notification since these devices show offline. I've raised a case with Arlo.

However, I highly doubt they will share the details if there is a breach or security flaw from Arlo.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's a first for me if your base is un-powered... haven't heard of this before.

But since the data MUST go thru the base to the far end servers, I doubt it's a hack.  As mentioned some form of glitch.

If you keeping the base offline, I would pull the batteries ( would pull them and replace to reset the cameras anyway ) to prevent them from draining.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation