Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to obtain and/or download these CVR recordings if I need them for more than 30 days?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ProtoGon101
Follower
Follower

I am currently enrolled in the CVR plan which allows my camera to record continuously, the recorded data from which is stored, by Arlo, for viewing for 30 days. My question is how I can obtain and/or download these recordings if I need them for more than 30 days.

Specifically, if my camera records a crime and I need to report this and initiate prosecution, I will need evidence of the crime and will need it beyond the 30 day CVR plan storage period. While I do not expect Arlo to retain these recordings beyond the contracted period, I do feel that I should have access to copy or download them so that I can retain them as long as is necessary.

Having spoken to Arlo agents, I have been told that this is not currently possible.

Can you explain why I cannot have access to these recordings for download? 

Further, I would like to suggest that Arlo change this policy to make this data available for download. It greatly undermines the purpose and effectiveness of a security system if the user cannot retain the recorded data.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can stream the CVR video and use 3rd party screen capture software to copy it locally. There's no way to otherwise download the video of interest if not captured in motion detected videos.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation