Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Firmware Update Request Timeout

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dennisb1683
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting a message on each of my 4 cameras that a firmware update is required for base station and camera with a green icon/button UPDATE BASE STATION.  I press that and and get a meesage "Base station firmware updating'.   After 10 seconds or so I get "The request timed out"

So I tried going directly to the Base Station in devices and going into Device Info to update the firmware.   I press the green UPDATE button and get the message "Triggering camera update ..."   And 10 seconds or so later I get the same "The request timed out".   

Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have exactly the same issue today, base restarted with no change in behaviour. Now arlo may as well have bricked the system as I can’t live view anything.
I guess I have nothing to complain about now that it doesn’t work.
dennisb1683
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried a restart from the mobile app to no avail.  But powering off the base station and then back on took care of the problem.  Not a comforting  thought if this happened while I would be away for any extended period.   Even though it’s back, one of the cameras is showing offline.  It’s been an on and off problem with this camera.  

Davidddt
Tutor
Tutor

What do you expect. The system is rubbish and the software is written by idiots!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation