Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
marcrnsm
Tutor
Tutor
This is not happening to all my feeds, it's very sporatic https://photos.app.goo.gl/qG77RE8kUW9qGQpG8
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is this occurring on one camera that is powered?

If so does it remain this way when live viewing?

If you don’t touch the camera for a few hours does the live view stop working and eventually times out?

When it behaves this way try going into the camera video settings and wait for the thumbnail to update. Then check live view again to see if it gets fixed.
Hope this helps.
marcrnsm
Tutor
Tutor
It happens on live view as well, it has a battery and is powered as well by cord.
I couldn't tell you about the few hours thing, I don't have time to sit the phone down on live view for hours.
Dannybear
Master
Master
What I was getting at was when you get the pixelation smearing and don’t power and battery cycle the camera, will it eventually stop you from being able to live view at a later time.
I get the same on my powered cameras, while rebooting the camera does fix it for a while, if you’re remote from the camera at the time, the workaround I suggested should get it working again. Be aware that it is not a fix as the issue will return within 48hrs.

I have a fault case open since January with arlo support and no resolution to date.
I previously found that resetting the pinch and zoom setting on the cameras back to full size would stop it from occurring but I have reports from others that since the last two base firmware updates this no longer works as a fix.
Hope this helps.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation