Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo Pro 2 keep recording /triggering without movement

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MG3
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 4 pieces of arlo pro 2 cams keep triggering and recording without any movement what so ever.

There is no water/ grass or trees in front of the cameras, and I have tried to lower the sensibility as low as 5%.

It records actual movement when it occurs, but also a video almost every mnute without movement.

Seems to be a problem when the sun is up.

(cameras are mounted quite high up under the roof, pointing downwards, and this has not been a problem before the last two months)

Is there anything i could try??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of things:

1) Make sure you're changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules and saving. The motion test just gets you a number to plug into your rules.

2) Remember that the sun's angle changes with the season so that may well be the issue of issues in the past couple of months compared to earlier. The sun puts out a huge amount of IR which cn be reflected by any number of things that may be interpreted as movement. Also, clouds, birds, airplanes, cars, etc. can all cause a change in that reflected IR resulting in false detections. Many of us use custom modes to lower sensitivity during the day and raise it when the issue isn't present. Use the schedule to automate the switching.

Post screenshots of the cameras' views for suggestions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A couple of things:

1) Make sure you're changing the sensitivity in your modes and rules and saving. The motion test just gets you a number to plug into your rules.

2) Remember that the sun's angle changes with the season so that may well be the issue of issues in the past couple of months compared to earlier. The sun puts out a huge amount of IR which cn be reflected by any number of things that may be interpreted as movement. Also, clouds, birds, airplanes, cars, etc. can all cause a change in that reflected IR resulting in false detections. Many of us use custom modes to lower sensitivity during the day and raise it when the issue isn't present. Use the schedule to automate the switching.

Post screenshots of the cameras' views for suggestions.

MG3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, since I made the biggest mistake believing that changing sensitivity in "device"/ "utility" would acctually affect recordings, your sollution nr 1 will most likely solve my issue  🙂

(and yes, there are offcourse movement from clouds/shdows etc, but the videos just came in such short consistent intervalls, I did not think theese were the problem)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation