Properly adding an Arlo pro two to base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why is there some documentation on the internet that says you have to push the syncbutton on top of the basestation to add an Arlo pro two camera but when you do it through the app using “add device” it never prompts you to push the sync button on top of the base station?

What is the right way?
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Eric182,

I am not sure what is the "proper" way, but Arlo has made changes to the app attempting to sync the cameras without needing to press the sync buttons. This sometimes works and sometimes not. I usually simply tap on the base sync button on the base and then briefly tap on the camera's sync button. This way has worked 100% of the time for me.

Brian

mdrobtx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing come up when I installed my 2 camera system using the app. It never prompted me to push the sync button on the base station. Just the camera. It didn't sync. So I just took it upon my self to push the sync on the base station and then the camera and it came right up.

Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe using the App to add the camera performs a firmware update check in case one is needed, this is something you can see.
Using the sync button on the base might also perform the same but you are not aware of it and so you may think there is a problem with the camera as it is busy updating the firmware and does not sync immediately.
My thoughts anyway.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation