Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum as they don't have the Ultra forum set up yet (unless I missed it).

Anyway, a video in the camera description shows someone at window and the camera auto zooms in and tracks the person.  Pretty cool feature actually.

My question though is if a 2nd person appears off camera (because of zoom, not out of the camera's max FOV), is the camera smart enough to zoom back out and cover both instances of motion?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How would we know when it's not a released product? When it's in our grubby mitts, we should be able to tell.

Gildor1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was hoping that somebody in the know could respond.  It may not be released but they have posted it as part of their product line.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a user forum that has the same access as you, not an inside developer forum.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

It is an interesting question.  I have some Nest IQ Outdoor cameras which do this “zoom & track” currently.  I don’t recall if I have ever seen a case where there are competing objects of interest in range.  It does seem like the image sensor would be picking up the entire FOV.  I assume the zoom is purely software controlled enlargement of a section of the overall image being captured.  So, in theory, the camera and cloud software should “see” both objects of interest.  Now whether or not they do anything with the second object is another issue entirely.  Personally, I’d be interested in having access to recordings of the full field of view recording and the zoomed recordings of any objects moving through the FOV during the recording...possibly two, three or more recordings for the same event.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation