Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base station not recognizing and syncing with any arlo pro or arlo pro 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Neyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all
First of all, I think I have the VMB4000 Arlo Pro base station - Not the VMB3000 that is listed from Netgear in this section. 

Anyway - I'm growing a frustation! 

I had 4 cameras synced to the base station - A mix of 3 Arlo Pro's and 1 Arlo Pro 2. 
I bought 5 more Arlo Pro 2's - And guess what I can't get them to sync to the base station. 

I've tried following all the guides and fixes you guys provided in the community AND the guides from Netgear as well. None works! 

I removed the base station via the app - Now none of the 9 cameras will sync - Even though 4 of them was working before. 

Reset the base station and removed batteries from cameras, tried to do a fresh setup. Same result - None of the cameras will sync with the base station. 

As a last resort, I even swapped out the base station with a fresh one. Same issue. Nothing works. 

The base station is connected via ethernet cable to my router directly. Tried to use another router as well - Same results.
Nothing works! 

I've tried getting support from Netgear, but chat isn't availble, even though it looks online. No e-mail support, tried calling my local support phonenumber here in Denmark - The phonenumber is disconnected. 

Any suggestions to what I am to do now??

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, what are the LEDs on the base showing? The power and Internet ones should be green and the Camera LED should be off or amber.

When syncing the cameras, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Then you can press the camera sync button.

If needed, remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. For completeness, hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Once the base has rebooted to the above indications, claim the base and then sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Be aware that only 5 cameras at a time can be activated on the free plan - the rest can be synced but not active. You would need to either upgrade your subscription or use a second account that uses a second email address. To accomplish that, you'd also need a second base for the new account. Once that is set up, you can use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the old one so all cameras show in one login.

Neyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't explain it - But after setting up my normal router again (Orbi of course, without any reset I might add)
Reset all equipment and only plugging in a battery in one camera at a time. And then sync accordingly, I managed to sync all 9 cameras to the same base station. (Yes am a subscriber with up to 10 cams)

Bottomline - I think it might have been the Orbi that needed a restart AND only sync one camera at a time, leaving batteries in all other cameras OUT. 

But thanks for your help! Quick reply from you guys is much faster than Netgear support! 🙂

Happy new year! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We've seen various routers needing a restart to get Arlo to work. That was part of the basis for my question as to what the LEDs on the base were showing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation