Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I have noticed that watching the recorded video from 3 of my 5 cameras, the audio and video is out of sync.

Easy way to test: Record yourself standing in front of each camera and clap hard 3 times.

It is very noticeable if it's out of sync.

Note: I have rebooted the base station(s) removed the batteries & reinstalled, unplugged a/c & replugged it in.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

12 REPLIES 12
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I have the same issue on my AC powered Pro 2 camera.  Not every time, but often enough to be annoying.

It seems to be only on the cloud recordings.  I think it may be related to the supposed 3-second lookback.  For example, take a car turning into the driveway.  Sometimes, the recording seems to begin 5-7 seconds before the point where I expect motion to trigger the camera, i.e., more like a 5-7 second lookback.  The video on the cloud recording will then be 2-4 seconds behind the audio.  However, the local file of the same recording on the USB drive will be different; I'll see 2-4 seconds of video with no audio, then the audio will start.  Audio and video will be in sync for the remainder of the recording.

I was hoping the recent firmware update to fix the freezing issue might fix this as well, but no such luck.  At least the freezing video has stopped, though I've still seen a couple of random length truncated recordings.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary
I too have noticed a couple of freezing issues. It's not as bad as before, but still annoying.

The live camera quality is not as bad as it was before. The recorded video at times is blurry, especially when the subject is moving. Their face isn't clear.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS , I included the A/V sync issues as part of my original customer support request regarding the freezing video back in September.  Do I need to submit another request on just this issue to initiate corrective action?  Obviously, I've tried all the usual troubleshooting issues several times since September (power cycling base and cameras, removing camera and battery and re-syncing, rebooting router, etc.).  I haven't received notification that my original support request has been closed, even though the freezing problem has been marked as resolved with the latest firmware update - if I do, I intend to comment that the A/V sync problem is still there.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi@alchemist50

I would suggest contacting the Customer Support team regarding your case, and inform them the issue was not resolved after the update.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I created a service ticket.

I want to know why some cameras recorded video & audio are not in sync.

alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice
alchemist50
Apprentice
Apprentice
billkex
Luminary
Luminary

As far as I know, I have not received a reply on how to fix this problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @billkex

I would like to review your case. May I have the case number you received from support?

billkex
Luminary
Luminary
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The case number should be 8 numbers

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation