Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gumby11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently purchased a 3 camera pack Arlo Pro 2 and Base Station - VMB4000r3 Firmware - 1.9.8.0_16666 , after numerous attempts to sync cameras with the base station, im having no luck.

I have tried, Pc, Mac, Android and iPhone, im starting to believe my Netgear Router D7800 nighthawk is not allowing this.

Any ideas

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, we need to know the status of the LEDs on the base. The power and Internet LEDs need to be green. Next, be sure to press the base sync button briefly - don't hold it. You should see the base's Camera LED flashing and then press the camera sync button. It should blink slow blue and then either rapid blue (synced) or amber (failed).

Gumby11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, The lights are all green, I know what I'm doing , im like everyone else using a netgear D7800 the base station can connect fine and its all green, when i press the sync button. The sync light starts to flash slow green flashes, then i press the sync button on camera and it starts to flash blue slowly not rapid , slow like it is looking for a base station about about 2 minutes it flashes fast and AMBER like it means it hasnt found a base station. I believe the Netgear Router d7800 AC2600 is not allowing the base station to sync with camears.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you got the camera next to the base station when you're trying to sync? How close is the base station to the Nighthawk? Where I've had the same problem, it's been an interference issue from the router. Moving the base station away from the router helped me and other threads have had support personnel ask people to restart their routers or change their 2.4GHz channel on their router. See if that gives you any joy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would also try removing the base from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Verify the firmware is up to date. Try syncing the cameras again.

It's not a router issue since all you're trying to do is use the Arlo WiFi which has nothing to do with the connection to the router (as long as the Internet LED is green).

Gumby11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Steve,  I am currently working away from home and away from my cameras and base station, I will try gettting a longer network cable and setup the base station further away, i might also disconnect the 2.4ghz and maybe limit the channels to only 1 while i get the setup working. Lets hope its just interference with wifi. To the other guy, ive done maybe 6 hard resets on base station, please im here for technical advice, not stupid OEM help. My next thought was to try sync it to my spare ADSL router and then if im correct the cameras should be syncd to my base station then ill reconnect the internet to my Netgear D7800 Ac2600 router.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation