Arlo with Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zmetman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an existing Arlo wire-Free base station and 2 Arlo cameras monitoring the inside of my house.  I want to add more cameras to monitor the outside of my house.  I see that I can mix Arlo and Arlo Pro 2 but I am looking for a few answers/recommendations:

1. I'm thinking about leaving the Arlo inside the house and adding the Arlo Pro 2 to the outside to have better quality recordings, as well as 2 way audio.  Do you think it's best to do it this way or moving the Arlo outside and add the Pro 2 inside and plugged in to unlock the additional features?
  2. Is Arlo Pro 2 much superior to the Arlo Pro?  I know the Arlo and Arlo Pro have recording delays.  Was this solved with the Pro 2?
  3. Is there any benefit to buying the Pro 2 with the new base station or just buy the Pro 2 cameras and using it with my old Arlo base station.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

1. The choice is yours, it depends on how much detail you need in your recordings or if you need the plugged-in features. 1080p is especially useful when sensed objects are smaller, such as outside.

2. Recording delays are gone but only if plugged into AC power. This is due to the high relative power usage needed to keep the camera out of standby mode. If plugged into AC power it will run a continuous 3-second loop, and then will record 3 seconds before the trigger, vs 0.5 seconds after the trigger when not plugged into AC.

3. A base station for the Pro and Pro 2 is the same.  If you have an Arlo Wire-Free base station you may consider the upgraded base station. You can buy these individually or part of the package.

Good luck!

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
zmetman
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the benefit of the Pro/Pro 2 base over the Arlo Wire-Free base?

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

zmetman wrote:

What is the benefit of the Pro/Pro 2 base over the Arlo Wire-Free base?

1. It has a 100+DB alarm

2. It has USB port for local storage.

3. It has updated CPU + Memory (may improve performance in certain situations).

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation