Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Blag
Star
Star

Do the new Arlo Pro 2 cameras use the same motion detection that the Arlo Q cameras use?  That is, does the camera use algorithms to decipher changes in the picture to determine that there's motion (like the Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus), or is there just a motion sensor, like the older Arlo cameras (Arlo and Arlo Pro 1)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, mispoke.  1080 is available when battery-powered but pixel-based motion detection, zones and CVR require power.

Best quality is 1080, optimized is 720.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When AC powered, the resolution and motion detection are like the Q. When battery=powered it's the same as the original Pro.

Blag
Star
Star

Ah, so if I plan on only using these on battery power, there's really no advantage over the current Arlo Pro cameras (which I already own)?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct. The extra features require power.

Blag
Star
Star

Got it - so it's really a blend between the Arlo Q and the old Arlo Pro.  Thanks.

JimboJones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just so this is clear, when using the Arlo Pro2 on battery power the resolution will the the same as the Pro1 recording at 750P.  Only when plugged in the ArloPro2 will record with a higher resolution of 1080P?

Blag
Star
Star

I asked this same question on a separate post.  I haven't received a response yet.  This is not clear from the "Features Overview" or the Technical Specs section of the website.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, mispoke.  1080 is available when battery-powered but pixel-based motion detection, zones and CVR require power.

Best quality is 1080, optimized is 720.

Obsydian
Apprentice
Apprentice
On battery versus Pro 1, Pro 2 significantly Better, plan to power but need to drill a 25mm hole.

Bottom line 1080p on battery, power give a CR and motion detection zones.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation