Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 First Day

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JavierL
Guide
Guide

I tested the two-camera system for Arlo Pro 2 (1080p). During the day, it is much clearer at a distance. The zone detection works OK and you can set up to 3 zones, but they need to be plugged in. However, you can create and edit motion zones without being plugged in, but it will remind you. I will try it tonight to see any difference, which I doubt. However, I have seen a difference at night when installing IR illuminators with the cameras.

The only physical difference is the outside rim of the camera. Arlo Pro 2 has a white rim whereas Arlo Pro 1 has a black rim.

After spending on two Arlo Pro systems about 2K three months ago and 2 original Arlos, it is upsetting they came out with 1080p. Also somewhere in netgear, it mentions that if you have the elite subscription, the smart detection will be included by the end of the year.

Honestly, I don't need handouts from netgear in terms of promotions, giveaways, etc. Just roll out the features we need while being ahead of the competition.

J

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can't really be upset that the Arlo Pro 2 was released. The Arlo Pro camera is over a year old now. If you'd bought it when it was first released, you wouldn't be upset

JavierL
Guide
Guide

Not upset. I simply pointed it out to netgear knowing there are other options out there. Unfortunately, I just happen to like Arlo.

All companies do it. They all hold the incremental features for future releases. 

I bet the big release will be 4K with smart detection at $250 per camera. That is when I will switch to Nest Outdoor IQ.

djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just switched from Arlo Pro to Arlo Pro 2 and have to say the Arlo Pro had better nightvision IMO... Enjoy the Arlo Pro.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation